Saturday, May 8, 2010

Random Weekend Picture 11


Yogurt drinks are very popular in Japan. Most of them are delicious, but chock full of sugar. In the display pictured above, taken at Lawson's 100 shop, there are three flavors of  yogurt drinks. On the right is "plain", in the center is "strawberry", and on the right is "mikan" (Japanese tangerine). The plain one is promoted as being fortified with Calcium and Iron and the mikan has pro-biotic qualities. I guess the strawberry one is just for plain, old-fashioned fun as it has no specific nutritional qualities listed on its label. That being said, it only has 83 calories so perhaps it is the "diet" option of the lot.

I have purchased these on rare occasions, and I do like them quite a lot, but I find sugary drinks to be less satisfying than sugary treats. They spend so much less time on your tongue than food.

4 comments:

Shanna said...

in germany gives yummy joghurt drinks with only around 250 kalorien for 500 g / ml :)) i will taste in somedays the japanese one ^^ i hope i get not a suger schock XD

Tracie Tsuneya said...

Me, too! I love sugar too much to eat properly.
Have you tried Yakult? It was my favorite thing as a kid.
(I recently found you blog and I am LOVING it. <3)

Anonymous said...

HEY!!! Check your links!!! One of them is a "oh let's help your computer and download nasty shit to it"-site.

I am talking about the list on the right site. Don't know which one because I just opened all, I am weird like that :P Like my tabs...

Orchid64 said...

Thanks to everyone for the comments.

Tracie: I have tried Yakult. In fact, I reviewed it! I liked it, but it was a bit too intensely sweet for my tastes.

verso: Could you let me know exactly which link you mean? I don't have control over all of them and what gets listed. Some of them are handled automatically by advertisers. I'm sorry that you got sent to that sort of site and will try to deal with it if I possibly can!