Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Random Picture #191


One of the possibly dubious benefits of having lived in a particular Asian country for quite some time is that, while I can't read other Asian languages, I can tell what they are. For instance, I can tell the difference between Chinese and Japanese even though they use the same characters. Though the concept of an "office lady" was one that I was introduced to while living in Japan, this package of "cookie rolls" let me know that the idea is not confined to that country. These are Chinese (made in Taiwan) and I'm guessing they are trying to say that office ladies love these things.

In Japan, office ladies were well-known for their love of sweets and kept an ample supply in their desks or the break room for a quick nosh. This sort of thing tells me that they likely are not alone in their habits.

No comments: